The education system in India has undergone a sea change over the last two years. Unfortunate circumstances brought about by the pandemic forced many schools in India to adopt hybrid learning. However, many schools which had already adopted edtech-upgraded classrooms including our ThinkRoom programme did not face much difficulty in moving away from the typical classroom environment to online learning. However, hybrid learning is more than just taking online live classes. Instead, hybrid learning is a comprehensive approach to combining the best of face-to-face and online learning to create the ideal learning experience.
What is hybrid learning?
Hybrid learning is an educational approach that combines in-class as well as online learning. In this kind of learning setup, teachers use digital tools to offer students the benefits of both synchronous and asynchronous learning.
Why is hybrid learning going to stay?
Hybrid learning is the future of the new education system in India because of the many benefits it offers in terms of facilitating education delivery in modern contexts without losing focus on meeting learning goals. Here are some reasons why you will so more hybrid learning classrooms in the future:
- Allows continuity and flexibility: One of the reasons many schools, teachers, parents and students prefer hybrid learning is that it offers continuity and flexibility in learning experience and collaboration. Students that cannot attend classes in-person can learn remotely.
- Balance between real-time engagement and self-learning: One of the best things about hybrid learning is that students benefit from face-to-face learning and discussions and at the same time, have freedom to revisit learning materials at their own pace and develop an in-depth understanding of the subject.
Adopt ThinkRoom Programme designed for 21st century learners
If you are planning to implement a hybrid learning model in your school or if you have already implemented it and are looking for ways to improve it, check out our ThinkRoom programme. Mapped to the central and state curriculum, ThinkRoom programme combines the best of online learning and offline learning through unique activity books and AI-driven global technology. Here’s what makes ThinkRoom different from ordinary hybrid models:
- Designed for 21st century students: ThinkRoom programme is structured on research-based pedagogy where students are not passive recipients of information. Learning in the 21st century means developing critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and communication, which have been identified as essential for succeeding in modern work environments. Our unique textbooks are designed for 21st century students. Our ThinkRoom books are more like activity books. Each lesson is linked to various activities that not only make classroom learning fun and engaging but also helps students develop important skills.
- An excellent resource for teachers: In India, the strength of the classroom is typically on the higher side. From teaching in the classroom, teachers have a lot of administrative work to do. Powered by AI-driven global technology, ThinkRoom learning programme offers teachers a wide range of activities that can be integrated into daily lessons. The use of animated videos, audio clips and quizzes not only help in reinforcement of lessons but also encourages students to actively participate in the class.
- One central hub for everyone: One problem that many schools face when transitioning from physical classes to online classes is to make learning material available and communicate with students and parents when they are attending online classes. Our ThinkRoom Programme is supported by an LMS portal. Not only the LMS portal helps in digitising school’s content but it also acts as a central hub for learning as well as communications. Be it planning classroom activities, grading papers or communicating with parents, it is the go-to platform for everything, making things streamlined for schools, teachers, parents and students.